7.2K views

Among other things many other things for 4 years are AC unit has not been working properly. Every summer a tech is out here at least twice because the a coil freezes to a block of ice.

Well upon changing furniture around in my youngest son's room who's not even 2, I found mildew in the corner where the wall backs up to the AC. I contacted the general manager she came out looked at it took pictures never got back to me never took care of it and is now out of town for 10 days.

I want a full refund Plus compensation for mental anguish in the possible health issues my children might be facing. I would like people to get together and file a class action lawsuit against them

Product or Service Mentioned: Clayton Homes House Construction.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Location: 11281 Jefferson Ave, Newport News, VA 23601, USA

Comments

If everyone would call state fire marshal of the state you live in they get houses fixed.I was contractor for twenty-five years but for Fleetwood.

Call state fire marshal of that state which u live in they get everybody's house fixed.

@PissedConsumer1776950

Not true , we did and they made matters worse

Is there an active law suite? I'm from Johnson City TN bought from Johnson City as well and we have only had our home for five months.

And it's still not fixed. Windows are not leveled the floor isnt leveled.

And now that it's starting to settle. There is a piece of wood coming through my bedroom wall.

@PissedConsumer1763909

We live in Bristol, VA & are in a current lawsuit with Clayton! With through mediation which was a bust!

Head to arbitration either this month or next month!

Have over $60,000 damage to our home. Feel free to contact me 423-782-****.

@PissedConsumer1798444

I would love to be included in a lawsuit also. We bought the blackjack, moved in January 2019.

The so called repairmen have be out 9 times in the past year and still have not fixed the many issues we are having. Our sheetrock has this water/mold looking stains all over the kitchen, master closet, and two of the bedrooms.

It looks like the bag of chips you get from the Mexican restaurant after it sits for a day. Something has got to be done about the poor management and craftsman ship!

@PissedConsumer1763909

We are in TN too, same problem, you can't even sue them because how they write there contract. You also not allowed to start a class action law suit. We have an attorney and getting in contact with out state representative so the may change the law.

We would also be interested in a lawsuit. We bought the Nashville.

The biggest and best they had. They have ghosted us since delivery. They will not return phone calls and will schedule 2 days of work here and there. Their own contractors have said it’s one month solid of work.

Our windows are leaking and so much looks horrible. There are so many major issues that need dealt with and can’t even get a return call.

Not what you would expect for paying for a 160k home. bjontra82@***.com

@Alona

We paid 172k for a custom build and it's been a nightmare

#1921324
@Alona

I am having the same issues with Windows, doors a.c.,

My mother purchased a clayton mobile, experienced soft floors, had several water leaks and decaying floors. The AC unit was busted shortly after purchased.

If there is a class action lawsuit for this company please forward information to me. Thanks

@Garvis

Unfortunately, if you read your contract. You agreed to not file a class action suit. My lawyer said " buyer beware"

Lisa Jackson vandalia il purchase Marion il homeless due to black mold not properly set interior not finished junk foundation/underpinning lisajescort@***.com

@Glorine

I had to move out of my home in November 8th due to black mold. Only had it for 8 months.They brought my so called new double wide damanged.

The roof, and water damange inside. They kept patching it up. Now I'm staying at a girlfriends parents house bc that black mold made me sick. They tried to tell me that my warranty went out in july 2017 and I was living in a rent house at that time.

I'm just disgusted by reading all the problems that everybody has with these homes.

How are they still in business. Right now I had to hire an attorney and waiting on them to reply to my summons.

@Jacquelin

We have the same problem here is my # 407-675-****

Same problems. Bought 3yrs ago.

Trouble with air unit.

More concerned about soft spots in floor, feels like linoleum in only supporting floor please email me if lawsuit info. Cbalentine3079@***.com located in Tennessee

Ive had my home for 2 years and im so sick and tired of having to deal with this stuff.

@Javaris

We moved into our in February after waiting 7 mo ths and it been a total disaster

My husband and I would like in this law suit or a consumer protection needs to investigate. We have had our single wide since 2014 and our problems were fixed...but bedroom doors do not close properly, back door has not been the same since they replaced it, the issue I am having now is electrical.

According to my electrician this home is set has a daisy chain electrical lines, nearly the whole house has had the correct electrical boxes placed in the outlets, because the outlets are not set to standards for the state of Texas. Last few days when A/C kicks on all lights flickers and my husband a former building and code inspector that is not right. My concern is coming home and my home has caught fire. HUD should also be investigating this matter per state, because I am very familiar with they codes.

Vanderbilt Mortgage & Finance has increased our mortgage by about 50.00 and it is our highest bill of 672.02. My husband is a disabled veteran and I am disabled so we both live on a fixed income. We are doing without of a lot of things...but really feel it when I have 50.00 to 100.00 for groceries for the month, 25.00 to 40.00 goes for dog food and treats. Husband served in Vietnam and has a service dog.

My laminate is coming off my cabinets in kitchen and bathroom, and that is on compressed board. May get a hold of me at cldefreesestearns@***.com, we have made improvements 10' x 30' covered front porch with wheelchair ramp and an aerobatic septic system was place in.

Why would a manufacturer put a wall up where the hot water heater is? Doesn't make since if you have problems with the hot water heater....makes you wonder.

Please let me know how to join the lawsuit against clayton homes and I would like to file one against their insurance company refusing to let my mom use the insurance for defects. lilsmith235@***.com

Clayton Homes Reviews