7.2K views

Among other things many other things for 4 years are AC unit has not been working properly. Every summer a tech is out here at least twice because the a coil freezes to a block of ice.

Well upon changing furniture around in my youngest son's room who's not even 2, I found mildew in the corner where the wall backs up to the AC. I contacted the general manager she came out looked at it took pictures never got back to me never took care of it and is now out of town for 10 days.

I want a full refund Plus compensation for mental anguish in the possible health issues my children might be facing. I would like people to get together and file a class action lawsuit against them

Product or Service Mentioned: Clayton Homes House Construction.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Location: 11281 Jefferson Ave, Newport News, VA 23601, USA

Comments

My mom has a clayton home it was built in 2010 sold to her in 2011 for over $140K, she has insurance but they refuse to let her use it. She as a 10yr warranty recently the kitchen floor started buckling, the wooden frames around the windows has severe wood rot and the siding is cracking and splitting, not to mention the paint has completely faded in blotches.

The thing is she lives in a senior park and I contacted the company and they replied it was our fault for not maintaining the home by not treating the wood and waxing the home really, the wood rot is so bad the carport support will eventually fall. We live in San Diego County California.

Yes there is a class action suit we would like to be in on it we purchased a 2000 ft² Kennesaw and it is falling apart it is barely 3 years old we have had nothing but issues from the start that all they did was band-aid those issues. Very unhappy with our new home that came with a very hefty mortgage I hope the owners of the company that made ours can sleep at night because everything's fallen apart on this it will never outlive the YEARS of the mortgage the way it is FALLEN apart.

It does not do any good to complain they only band-aid the issues doors are not hung right still tram still falling off of cabinets drawers falling apart you can't even lock the doors without hanging on to the knobs and then turn in the lock the door jambs are not made right cheap cheap and we gave good money for this. Ours is a state code modular, They told us guaranteed Us it was made just like a stick built home they lied about so many things..

My email is maschinosarah @yahoo. com if a class action suit get started

@PissedConsumer1715239

They are all staples together pieces of trash.

I'm in with all that are experiencing the problems with Clayton Homes . This type of business is unacceptable and there needs to be a stop put to it before this escalates into something where a individual takes the law into his own hands because no one chooses to help people like us with our issues with this Multi Billion empire and they still conduct this type of business of taking advantage of people when they're at they're lowest points . Ive had enough of they're BS !

@Slick

I so agree with you I am beyond disappointed in this company on disgusted

We are havin same

@Alivia

We are having same issue supposed wood cabinets and has paper coverings and ac keeps freezing up too also have had issues with mildew in bathroom wall shower leaked in wall etc.

@Alivia

Same issues here we were told wood cabinets etc ac keeps freezing we dont get air in our room we complained and got a ceiling fan we feel something blocking in there shower leaked in walls got mildee in it trim keeps popping wall is separating weve complained but got no where

My husband and I purchased a brand new double wide from Clayton Homes in 2017. We are having all the same problems!

Has anyone started the class action suit?

Please email me with details if so. cheyrayzay@***.com

@Carlon

Let me know

My husband and I are in the same boat as most of y’all. We bought a new Clayton home in 2017 and have had nothing but problems since.

I would like to see a class-action lawsuit started against Clayton. Please include us; kmm77@***.com

@Louellen

If there is a class action suit started against Clayton homes we also would like to be in on that. Way purchased one of their 2000 ft² Kennesaw and We have had nothing but issues leaky windows floors that are not level doors that are not hung right door lock's that won't even lock right door jams that never got fixed right trim that is falling apart cabinets that are falling apart. We now have to get an electrician because the plug INS are getting hot for no reason.

i have a 2017 Clayton home. Have had to rebuild the a/c furnace and now the Washer needs a new control board.

The "warranty" on the furnace that went out in Nov 2018 was a full time job. I received half of the cost of the work in May 2019.

The washer control board will be 350.00. I can buy a new unit for that

I AM READY! I have a 2017 Clayton big foot 2.

Bought brand new from Bonham tx plant. This this is garbage! They are apparently sending people out to fix. My entire roof turned into waves in one month.

You have to fight with the GM from your plant then get a hold of the regional vice president. After 2 yrs of fighting to get what we paid for I just want to give this damn thing back!

I had been wanting to do a class action against them. Ended up filing a warranty claim through Morgan & Morgan.

Currently ongoing but don’t give up!

You can try here also to get started, sadly there are MANY people would would join. https://topclassactions.com/start-a-class-action/

@Cadin

Thanks for the info. I was actually told by the mobile dealer's repair supervisor that the only reason they bought this particular model is out of loyalty to local and state owned businesses! Then he never did show to look at any of the problems

@Ediberto

where was your home built? Ours was built at the Buckeye AZ plant.

@Cadin

We are in the same situation, we have state reports videos and pictures something needs to be done my email is ross_b21@***.com I called Morgan and Morgan they say they don't do those cases

Start the class action!!!! https://topclassactions.com/start-a-class-action/

All of my problems started in Oct 2018. Purchased my home The Patriot Aug 29th 2018 The dealer recommended a man to pour my footers, he came out seemed knowledgeable.

We went over where I wanted home to set , so he would know where to bring dirt in to build up one end & to have concrete poured. I had someone come out cut a few trees. This man that was doing footers , 1st brought SO CALLED dirt in him self, charged me 3 prices for some dirt that came from strip mine. The worst of all is he decided to move where the home was SURE to set.

It sets back 8 foot from original spot. I was working 6 days a week 10 hours a day. I was going by the property in the afternoon, it would be almost dark so I couldn't really tell what was going on until it was to late!!! My yard is full of shell rock, we moved LARGE rocks for a whole day.

I have pictures of all of this & text where he admits to moving the original spot. Then he charges me 6000.00. I wasn't gonna pay him dealer said they wouldn't bring my home if I didn't. I had already paid for the home.

So, I'm sure they made something off of the footer deal as well. Then the home , is a joke! Sent someone with no sense of what he was doing. He was at the home 2 months & didn't even finish the repairs from the set up!!!

I finally got to move in the last week of February 6 months after I purchased it. It is May 6th 2019 & I still dont have my master bathroom bathtub plumed in. All of my ceilings are gonna have to be redone. Dealer hasn't been here since Nov 2018.

Manufacture has been 3 times & still have many , many issues. I have over 700 pictures! This home was no doubt built with second hand materials. I was over charged, I am literally sick over all of this !!!

So please yes.

Email me information. someone has to put a stop to this Company selling ***

Clayton Homes Reviews