Update added by user Jun 25, 2012
Hey people, we are in the stages of arrbitration.Clayton homes won\'t respond to our $200,000 settlement offer so,we are in stages of hiring and finding all the experts to state the problems involved with our home being safe.
We have the state of NC, our counties enviromental department, and a professor at Western Carolina University, we have movers that have looked at the house and they done it a long time that will not touch it. They\'re retired now and if they wasn\'t, likewise they wouldn\'t touch it.
Our attorney wants us to find more people to look and speak upon the matter.We\'ll keep you posted.
Original review posted by user May 25, 2012
We bought and paid cash for a 28 by 60 foot doublewide.Here we are 6 years later still fighting to get what we paid for.
To make a very long story short, we still have 14 yes, I SAID 14 STATE CODE VIOLATIONS!!!!!!! Roof has been completly replaced in which the state still thinks its leaking, we had plate size holes!!!!!!! YES PLATE SIVE HOLES in the roof!!!! How do you miss that??
Quality control must have been drunk. Altogether 5 good leaks. Replaced decking and tar paper thats thinner than toilet paper. Covered up the insulation and went on and yes, we brought up the mold issue and they didn't check.
WE did!! County health dept found it and varified it and let them know, nothing happened. Floor joist are pulled away from the bands with nothing holding them but tips of nails. State inspector told them to get a dapia apporval from an engineer for the fix, a scab board on both side of every joist extending 30 inches to the I beam with being toe nailed, 2 rows nails and 100% glued.
The longest scab board put under the house was 11 inches!!! All the way down the house. Missing peirs, tie downs, hot water expansion valves, any opening greater than 48 inches should have peirs, I have a 72 inch window to the point of bowing so bad I can put a level on it and stick my hand under it!!! I bought 2 ceiling fans in which we recived, IN THE BOX!!!
Oh, they leveled it, its above the block and stucco now in which first coat was cracked and the new stucco job they done was busting 9 days later!!! Inside my closet, the numbers on the tag on the wall are registered to someone else! Their fixes just don't work!!! Their done and we have hired an attorney.
They have theirs coming. All I can say is, don't, do not buy any manufactured home!!!! Roofs are built with 2by3s. We paid for the best and got the worst.
I would hate to see a low end model. Had the electrician here twice to find live wires loose with no wire ties. This place is a death trap and we will be building on their dime and to get this piece of #!*!
off our property.any questions or any way we can help ya, email@example.com
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "One of our room has a pungent odor and so we had a mold inspection done. Lo and behold, there are cracks around where the slab meets the wall. Contacted..."
- "NO complaints. We are rebuilding because of a fire. The insurance adjuster told us to find a plan and a builder. After researching online for local builders on your own..."
- "I just had one of Leaffilter's sleasy sales people over at my place. They basically use any sales tactic to get the sale. Here are a couple things I have..."
- "DiskDigger is often a data recovery software solution for all users that recouping your deleted or prepared files through the storage media associated with your operating system, which include various..."
- "Order flowers all the time for the Villages. Wanted to try a local florist, so I called AVAS and ordered flowers over the phone. Mike suggested a vase with an..."
- "Stay away! They guaranteed us a full deep cleaning. One of the owners came to our house for an inspection and we were very specific about what we wanted. We..."
- "I sing up for eHarmony after doing some research, but luckily I keep researching and after having my profile up for almost 3 days I decided to cancel and was..."
- "SECOND EXPERIENCE: A christmas order for my son who lives in another state was guaranteed to be delivered on 12/23. I placed the order on 12/19 and paid extra for..."
- "FOR THE PAST THREE MONTHS HFC HSBC HAVE BEEN TELLING ME THAT I DONT HAVE HOMEOWNERS INSURANCE . I CONTACTED THEM BY PHONE AND SENT THEM THE REQUIRED INFORMATION AND..."