Update added by user Jun 25, 2012
Hey people, we are in the stages of arrbitration.Clayton homes won\'t respond to our $200,000 settlement offer so,we are in stages of hiring and finding all the experts to state the problems involved with our home being safe.
We have the state of NC, our counties enviromental department, and a professor at Western Carolina University, we have movers that have looked at the house and they done it a long time that will not touch it. They\'re retired now and if they wasn\'t, likewise they wouldn\'t touch it.
Our attorney wants us to find more people to look and speak upon the matter.We\'ll keep you posted.
Original review posted by user May 25, 2012
We bought and paid cash for a 28 by 60 foot doublewide.Here we are 6 years later still fighting to get what we paid for.
To make a very long story short, we still have 14 yes, I SAID 14 STATE CODE VIOLATIONS!!!!!!! Roof has been completly replaced in which the state still thinks its leaking, we had plate size holes!!!!!!! YES PLATE SIVE HOLES in the roof!!!! How do you miss that??
Quality control must have been drunk. Altogether 5 good leaks. Replaced decking and tar paper thats thinner than toilet paper. Covered up the insulation and went on and yes, we brought up the mold issue and they didn't check.
WE did!! County health dept found it and varified it and let them know, nothing happened. Floor joist are pulled away from the bands with nothing holding them but tips of nails. State inspector told them to get a dapia apporval from an engineer for the fix, a scab board on both side of every joist extending 30 inches to the I beam with being toe nailed, 2 rows nails and 100% glued.
The longest scab board put under the house was 11 inches!!! All the way down the house. Missing peirs, tie downs, hot water expansion valves, any opening greater than 48 inches should have peirs, I have a 72 inch window to the point of bowing so bad I can put a level on it and stick my hand under it!!! I bought 2 ceiling fans in which we recived, IN THE BOX!!!
Oh, they leveled it, its above the block and stucco now in which first coat was cracked and the new stucco job they done was busting 9 days later!!! Inside my closet, the numbers on the tag on the wall are registered to someone else! Their fixes just don't work!!! Their done and we have hired an attorney.
They have theirs coming. All I can say is, don't, do not buy any manufactured home!!!! Roofs are built with 2by3s. We paid for the best and got the worst.
I would hate to see a low end model. Had the electrician here twice to find live wires loose with no wire ties. This place is a death trap and we will be building on their dime and to get this piece of #!*!
off our property.any questions or any way we can help ya, firstname.lastname@example.org
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "August 8: salesman and order.August 20: no contact from company. I called and made the order.Sept 7: Installation day.Sept 13: ongoing problems.The installers arrived with ceramic tile, and 3 backer..."
- "Our shoddily constructed Lennar Home is located in The Woodlands area north of Houston. It is difficult to know where to begin with this review because there are so..."
- "My parents picked a home drew up contracts traded in existing home and gave 20000.00 cash on new home,home was brought to llano texas "not put on site dad had..."
- "We traded our 5th wheel camper for another one. Was told that it didn't leak and was in great condition. When we went to pick it up we..."
- "Had a contract to snow plow driveway 2013 and 2014 year and driveway was never plowed called and voice mail full and even text and nothing . The few times..."
- "I rented a 2 bedroom apartment at Waverlywoods Apartments in Webster, NY and was soon very disappointed in the maintenance of the property itself. I had a 1st floor apartment..."
- "I ordered the "Bursting Blushes" bouquet with the "exquisite upgrade" for my mom this mother's day. The photo showed about a dozen beautiful red roses with five or six..."
- "I had a very bad expiernce . The car I bought had many issues. It was making a knocking noise. I Was not sure if it was the motor..."
- "I was reading around this site and found some disturbing reviews/comments from 800notes Users/Mods. I came across this review: freddys.pissedconsumer.com/freddys-pizza-review-from-denver-colorado-20161013936287.html I remembered seeing the name "Freddy Fazbear's" at 800notes while..."