Update added by user Jun 25, 2012
Hey people, we are in the stages of arrbitration.Clayton homes won\'t respond to our $200,000 settlement offer so,we are in stages of hiring and finding all the experts to state the problems involved with our home being safe.
We have the state of NC, our counties enviromental department, and a professor at Western Carolina University, we have movers that have looked at the house and they done it a long time that will not touch it. They\'re retired now and if they wasn\'t, likewise they wouldn\'t touch it.
Our attorney wants us to find more people to look and speak upon the matter.We\'ll keep you posted.
Original review posted by user May 25, 2012
We bought and paid cash for a 28 by 60 foot doublewide.Here we are 6 years later still fighting to get what we paid for.
To make a very long story short, we still have 14 yes, I SAID 14 STATE CODE VIOLATIONS!!!!!!! Roof has been completly replaced in which the state still thinks its leaking, we had plate size holes!!!!!!! YES PLATE SIVE HOLES in the roof!!!! How do you miss that??
Quality control must have been drunk. Altogether 5 good leaks. Replaced decking and tar paper thats thinner than toilet paper. Covered up the insulation and went on and yes, we brought up the mold issue and they didn't check.
WE did!! County health dept found it and varified it and let them know, nothing happened. Floor joist are pulled away from the bands with nothing holding them but tips of nails. State inspector told them to get a dapia apporval from an engineer for the fix, a scab board on both side of every joist extending 30 inches to the I beam with being toe nailed, 2 rows nails and 100% glued.
The longest scab board put under the house was 11 inches!!! All the way down the house. Missing peirs, tie downs, hot water expansion valves, any opening greater than 48 inches should have peirs, I have a 72 inch window to the point of bowing so bad I can put a level on it and stick my hand under it!!! I bought 2 ceiling fans in which we recived, IN THE BOX!!!
Oh, they leveled it, its above the block and stucco now in which first coat was cracked and the new stucco job they done was busting 9 days later!!! Inside my closet, the numbers on the tag on the wall are registered to someone else! Their fixes just don't work!!! Their done and we have hired an attorney.
They have theirs coming. All I can say is, don't, do not buy any manufactured home!!!! Roofs are built with 2by3s. We paid for the best and got the worst.
I would hate to see a low end model. Had the electrician here twice to find live wires loose with no wire ties. This place is a death trap and we will be building on their dime and to get this piece of #!*!
off our property.any questions or any way we can help ya, firstname.lastname@example.org
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "My husband and I bought a home from Clayton Homes of Tappahannock that has turned into one nightmare after another. They hired Woodland Landscapping company to set our home..."
- "Flooded basement weekly, sloppy work beyond, constant puddle in garage that I step in daily, because they ignored my request for a drain and 'sloped' the garage, which clearly they..."
- "I just had one of Leaffilter's sleasy sales people over at my place. They basically use any sales tactic to get the sale. Here are a couple things I have..."
- " I was humiliated by the manager at Toy R Us Greece, NY location. I went to purchase Christmas items for needed children. I notice while in the..."
- "On 9/23/16 my automobile was in an accident; which you can see by the photos was a total loss. In the meantime I took out a rental from HERTZ. I..."
- "Purchased two full size couches with recliners built in and matching recliner which were special ordered in 'leather'. I ordered two full size couches as my living room is large..."
- "We took our 2016 Jayco Travel Trailer to Camping World Albuquerque. Our furnace quit on us (Cold). They fixed the furnace stating that it was from the MFG not crimping..."
- "Just as others have stated, I should have read reviews first. I am so disappointed and frustrated with this joke of a company. However, I have filed a complaint with..."
- "I purchased a Levian snake ring. It has white and chocolate diamonds. I have sent it back to Levian 5x for repair due to diamonds randomly falling out of the..."