Clayton homes ripped me off and lied to me and so much more
hello to everyone here I wish there would be somekind of class action suite against them there are complaints everywhere my story is I bought a home from clayton homes of troy Missouri was told it was a year end clearance home and sale priced this was april 2009 on my own 4 acrea parcel of land that I also had a 1980 3bed 2 bath doublewide on already with the sale of there new home that was already 2 years old i was told i had to sell my old home befor the new one is finished i wanted to keep the old for son and his new family but i sold it anyway ,, the home was a night mare from day one !they had dug up my property and did the short wall foundation befor the day of title and paper work signing this is when i found out the home was actually a 2007 not a year end clearance wich woulda been a 2008 so now it is 2 years old i went thru with it because i figured my hands were tide because of my land being dugup and foundation poured and setup this is was just the beginning they messed up house during setup getting get marriage line together and ends they were winching on it forcing it together home has twisted ibeams underneath home doesn't even sit on sill plate on southeast corner for about 25 feet several windows i cant even lock walls are separating floors all uneven linoleum coming up all over the house walls have severe cracks extending all the way up they covered up the really bad cracked walls in dining area with waynescoating or paneling with rough cut edges all exposed looks terrible plantation shutters wont close unlessed forced together at same time interior closet walls everywhere are separating some with a half inch gap or better in the corners whole walls have shifted no place to put dryer vent hose to outside so my walls are bad from running dryer in laundry room ,, no no air intake for fireplace air conditioner went out first summer they would not warranty it several light and switch fixtures didn't work in the house they replaced with pieces from home depot has really bad wind and air leaks thru out the home always cold in winter and warm in summer electric bills are higher than my old 1980 doublewide was told i could refi after 4 or 5 months at that point then they told me they don't do refi and never did plus i am on social security disability i get 1600 a month they got me for 965 a month loan payment !!!
the manage tim Donaldson from the troy Missouri clayton homes sales place conned me into signing the paperwork releasing the home telling me his employees needed to get paid and wouldn't unless i signed off on it after that they drug out the house fininshing for alsmost 2 years well they never finished it i contacted Missouri housing authority got them involved tried to do and go the right route upon there first inspection there was 34 not done on the home some being major like home not bolted and joined together was just sitting there (was told by a engineer they did that thining the home would settle some to conform to the foundation wich is way off this went on for almost another year and a half dealing with the Missouri housing people and clayton homes and there southern homes factory and there subcontractors not to mention in 2009 they were doing that first time home buyers deal where you could get up to 8,000 for a new home purchase wich i did not know about but they well informed me and even sent me to a tax lady they deal with and send other buyers to to get there sales wich the irs jumped all over me about 4 months later denying me the tax credit saying i had to pay it back wich i could never do especially living off of 1600 a month with a now grand a month house payment ! i finally hired a attorney wich is very hard to do all the attorneys in the area wanted 10 grand upfront ! wich i could never come up with ! i finally found one who would take the case for 2500 cash and a larger percent of the case winnings it has now been about 2 and a half years that i have had the attorney on the case but has not really went far , about 4 months ago we had a little inspection at the house with a old man dressed in black who i guess clayton pays big bucks to go around to there buyers who are trying to sue them he tells them there is nothing wrong with the house and they offer me a 1000 dollars im like that it is like a slap in the fase geez i have paid them over 60,000 dollars since april 2009 robbing peter to pay paul every month to get by and hopefully not loose my land that i originally owned free and clear that is now tide in to there loan ,, anyways i did get the irs to drop the 8000 first time purchase money i got out of that one ,, if anyone knows any tricks or secrets or legal things i can do please please help me !
im tryin not to loose my land ,,,, clayton and there companys have a clause in there legal writings that any law or suite precedings will be thru arbitration wich really throws a monkey wrench into any lawsuite or legal situation but my lawyer is still trying im tryin to keep the faith !PLEASE HELP !
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Clayton Home
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "CLAYTON HOMES SOLD ME A NEW DOUBLE WIDE TRAILER IN 08/2010 BY 07/2011 THE HOME HAD MOLD AND MILDEW THAT WAS SO BAD ,AIR QUALITY CONTROL TOLD ME WE HAD..."
- "I purchased my home of of the lot when i viewed the home on the lot there were no cracks in the walls it was streight and level . But..."
- "3/4/2015First and for most - if you get these filters pay with a credit card or open their credit card. When you have issues and want them off your house..."
- "I signed a contract with Re-Bath 8 months ago and I am still waiting for my project to be completed and the repairs done to the areas they damaged during..."
- "POSHMARK ALLOWS THE SELLING OF COUNTERFEIT MICHAEL KORS HANDBAGS! COUNTERFEITS ARE ILLEGAL TO BUY AND TO SELL! I WAS WARNED BY POSHMARK BECAUSE I WAS LETTING BUYERS KNOW WHICH BAGS..."
- "I've been with ally auto financing for two years. Bought 2014 Kia Optima brand new for 300.27 a month through ally mobile app. January 11th 2017 I made my payment..."
- "This is gross, i dumped my fries out of the container and found hair...i just want to be sick! I also ordered a regular onion ring and got 4 small..."
- "This morning, my wife and i went to eat with my sons as one was headed to TX. i ordered the hashbrown, eggs and sausage with cheese and..."
- "I take all 4 of my vehicles to the Washington St location of Discount Tire here in Indianapolis. I work on my own car, I drive a 2003 Acura TL..."