Show reviews that mention
home clayton house mobile home homes people money mobile homes water problems
Filter review

I'm in need bad

IM NOT A PISSED OF PERSON IM A PERSON IN NEED I JUST WANT MY FAMILY TOGETHER FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 7YRS TO BE TOGETHER THIS CHRISTMAS AND ALL 5 OF MY GRANDKIDS IM ONE HOME TOGETHER
#1952516

Hi Suzie, we'd like to help. Will you please email us at CAT@ClaytonHomes.com ? Thank you.

Sevierville, Tennessee
Pros
  • Homes are nice
  • Get you in a home
  • Customer service in the office
In need of help

Months of waiting. I'll be making payments before I get to go onto my home.

I recently purchased a mobile home from clayton homes. This process started in the spring and my salesman returned my calls right up until closing. They no longer return my calls and my mobile home is sitting locked up next to the shed that I'm having to live in. I'm sick and looks like I'm going to be here for at least another month. I have no heat or bathroom. Clayton Homes only cares about you until you sign your closing paper, which is when they get their money. After that they forget that you exist.

User's recommendation: Buy from a company that will be there from start to finish . Clayton will not.

#1952517

Hello, please email us at CAT@ClaytonHomes.com with your name, email, location of purchase, and home's serial number. Please add any details you'd like for us to be aware of.

Poor metal roof design

I purchased a brand new home in1997, shouldve written way before now but I thought I had fixed the problem as my insurance adjuster had told me . The problem I that the roof leaks on the edges. I have sealed the edges but if it rains hard at times it leaks in just several places. So My only option now is, I am going to put an existing metal Roof over the factory roof. If I had known this I wouldve ordered a special roof to have eaves instead of these gutters that really dont do much. Im writing this letter in hopes that yall would do something for me. This is our forever home.

User's recommendation: Don’t purchase a home without having some eaves.

#1939196

Hi Larry, thank you for reaching out and providing your feedback. Clayton Homes strives to continue to provide a world-class customer experience, with quality built homes.

With your home being 23 years old, it's normal to have home-owner required maintenance issues, much the same with any other stick-built home.

We would recommend contacting a licensed contractor and pricing out the best option for repairs. We wish you all the best with your home.

Killeen, Texas
Clayton Homes House Construction
Pros
  • Pretty good quality home except the roof
Cons
  • Poor roof design

Customer Service

No clarity about process, too many different scenarios that made no sense. Treated me as an indignant person. Sales person even called me a "little girl" on the phone because I had questions. My belief is my complexion played a role in their responses to me....so, if your skin is brown --STAY AWAY!
#1939197

Hello, we would like to thank you for reaching out and providing this feedback. We're sorry to hear of this experience, and we take concerns such as these very seriously.

Please email CAT@ClaytonHomes.com regarding the location of the incident, and any details you'd like for us to be aware of. We look forward to speaking with you.

I wis mislead!

Clayton Homes - I wis mislead!
Two months ago, I put in an application for a home, today I dont know anymore than I did when I put the ap in! Jerry from Clayton on rivers in Charleston, has told my realtor and I , one lie after the other, I was supposed to be out of my apartment on the 1st of October, thats not gonna happen thanks to Jerry, now I have to start over, because corporate took the word of a liar, over a client , and his realtor! So sad that people can lie to you, and just get away with it, I guess he wasnt gonna make as much money, off a used home, so he just strung me along, instead of being, upfront with me!

User's recommendation: Stay far away from these liars, they only care about money, you are just a dollar sign to Clayton!

#1939222

Hello, we appreciate you reaching out and providing this feedback, but we would need more information to try to address these concerns, along with the photos you provided. Please contact our Customer Advocacy team at CAT@ClaytonHomes.com. We look forward to speaking with you.

Smyrna, Georgia

Verified Reviewer

Home not sealed at drain pipes entrances into house.

Told directly by corporate 9-25-2020 they dont seal these coming into house under sinks, drains. Not Hud required so the mice-bugs are our problem to exterminate ourselves. I have e-mail from the big people and I even provided pictures, which where not even acknowledged.

User's recommendation: Told corporate to seal and treat customers like would I want this at my new house I just alot of $$ on.

#1931220

Hi Joel, we appreciate you sharing your feedback. As our corporate office discussed with you last week, the factory explained this is not something covered under warranty.

We also did seal where you asked as a customer courtesy. Infestations are also not something that is covered under warranty, and is a homeowner issue.

ID
#2196826 Review #2196826 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Sherman, Texas
Apology

Lack of repairing issues and trying to force us to except it!!!

We are having an issue with CH not repairing issues with a new home. Wondering if anybody else has had an 'impartial inspector' come check out the home and they found either nothing wrong or the blame was put on someone else. And if asking for a copy of the 'report', it wasn't given to them.
#1928713

Hi PissedConsumer2186469, we're sorry to hear that you're experiencing these issues. Please email our team at CAT@ClaytonHomes.com with more information. Thank you.

New Orleans, Louisiana
Clayton Homes Mobile Home
Cons
  • Manufactures homes are trash
  • Force you to except no matter what
  • Warranty not honored

NO communication and NO action

Salesman in Fort Mohave,Arizona has given NO help to get the ball rolling. We put money down back in March of 2020 and have had NO interest in or communication in helping us through the process of buying/ordering the modular home. Not sure if they're sooo busy, just not interested or what? We've just requested our deposit back and have moved on to another home manufacturer. I would NOT recommend the Fort Mohave dealership. I've been told that other customers have recently moved to another dealership as well due to same reasons. Angry We really liked the model we picked and are very disappointed we had to start over.

User's recommendation: Don't go to Clayton Homes, in Fort Mohave if you EVER want to get into your modular home.

#1927785

As you notice, complaints are so popular, they have an auto response posted below. They are that personal.

When you buy a home, they tell you that it is in tolerance. That it is tolerable. That it isn't going to be perfect. They will send impartial experts to inspect but you neither see the report or get results.

Why? Because that expert is working for them!

#1928712
@PissedConsumer1927785

Hi, thank you for sharing your feedback. We do sincerely appreciate your feedback, and if you are experiencing any issues, we would like the opportunity to look into it.

Please email our team and CAT@ClaytonHomes.com with your information. We hope you have a great rest of your day.

#1925498

Hi Jacqui, we sincerely appreciate you sharing this feedback regarding your experience, and we're sorry to hear about these issues. Please email us at CAT@ClaytonHomes.com with your name and phone number, as well as location of purchase and serial number for the home (located on the data plate that is usually found under the kitchen sink). We look forward to hearing from you.

View more comments (2)
Clayton Homes Mobile Home
Pros
  • Nice product
Cons
  • No communication or help

Verified Reviewer
Clayton Homes Sweetwater I have tried to set my first house up the house failed was so damaged they had to replace it they brought in a second trailer and it just failed its been a year and we still not at our house work is not getting done User's recommendation:...
#1927830

Chances are you have already signed 'The Contract'. By Law, they are not upholding their end of the contract so you should be able to get a lawyer and get out of it.

Might even be able to get reimbursed for pain and suffering.

They don't have a clue what they put those of us buying a new house through when they do this. They need to be forced to cut out their practices of screwing customers and getting away with it.

View more comments
Nashville, Tennessee

FALSE QUOTES / CUSTOMER SERVICE

Clayton tried to force me into an conventional loan. I had already been approved with FHA, already had pricing back from Clayton, contractors and all... Once I told them I was for sure doing FHA I was told by the general manager of the Conroe Clayton location.” if it’s FHA I do not really wanna deal with it I’m wasting my time with you”. Then I went to Oakwood which is right next-door. They have told me in writing Clayton did not want to mess with it because there was no profit in it for them since it was gonna be FHA I have all this back up and text messages from the general manager (Clayton)and the sales representative from Oakwood. I also have formal quotes from Clayton showing the pricing they agreed to prior to backing out because I was doing FHA. I am planning on taking this to a lawyer.

User's recommendation: Don’t go to Clayton.

#1918828

Hi Casey, we sincerely appreciate your feedback, and a manager from our Customer Advocacy team will be reaching out to you in the form of an email. We appreciate it and look forward to speaking with you.

Conroe, Texas
Clayton Homes Home Buying
Pros
  • All cons no pros

Verified Reviewer

Because my Clayton Home is very poorly constructed and Clayton DOES NOT care about me or my home.

My home has more flaws than I would've ever expected and Clayton DOES NOT CARE! They came and fixed some stuff but they would not fix other stuff. My counter tops were made of two different material surfaces. It took them 3 times to get it right. All the faucets were wrong but they did fix those. I had two different door handles they did fix those. ALL the trim had to be redone. Closet door was hung backwards, they fixed it. I still have 3 doors that are hung way out of plumb, they won't fix them. I have walls that are extremely crooked and they won't fix those. I have bubbles under my linoleum, they won't fix those. There are grooves in the subfloor that they won't fix. There are nails blown through the siding all around the home. I have squeaks in the floor that they only fixed some of. They left paint on the floor by the edges of the walls, on door hinges. It's the worst sheetrock job I've ever seen. The texture on the ceiling looks like a kid did it with his fingers, they won't fix it. The list goes on and on. My suggestion is DO NOT BUY FROM CLAYTON IN ALBANY OREGON. RUN FAR AND FAST THE OTHER DIRECTION. Do

User's recommendation: GO ANYWHERE BUT CLAYTON IN ALBANY OREGON.

#1918826

Hi Edwin, we appreciate you sharing your concerns. You signed off on works orders for the completed services on 2/28/2020. We're sorry to hear that you're still experiencing issues, however, we have completed service at the home, and with the home being out of warranty, we have considered any issues with the home regarding service complete.

#1918984
@ClaytonHomesCares

YOU DID NOT FIX EVERYTHING I ASKED YOU TO BEFORE THE WARRANTY WAS UP. I TELL EVERYONE I KNOW TO GO ANYWHERE BUT CLAYTON.

THE HOME IS POORLY CONSTRUCTED AND I'LL NEVER RECOMMEND YOU. I asked you to fix the crooked walls. The bubbles in the linoleum. The grooves in the subfloor, the terrible sheet rock throughout the home.

The terrible ceiling texture. The bottom line is Clayton doesn't give a Damn about its customers.

If you build such a good product why do you have so many repairman and why does it take so long to get scheduled? Because your product is inferior.

View more comments (1)
Albany, Oregon
Cons
  • Poor install
  • Warranty not covered
  • Cheaply made but appears well made for a few months

Verified Reviewer

Poor workmanship on my mobile

Clayton Homes - Poor workmanship on my mobile
My doors and windows will not open or close by they posted I have plywood floors coming up now found out do you air-conditioned installed in my house months ago the warranty is already started on the unit I haven't even hooked power up to it and I'm already losing my warranty all a scam

User's recommendation: Run run as far as you can.

#1927834

Did they send someone to inspect? If they did, may I ask who it was.

I'm not in the same area, just trying to find out if they use the same 'impartial inspector' everywhere they have a similar issue.With floors and air conditioning. I might be able to help both of us with this answer.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Verified Reviewer

Bought new home in 2019 was told we would have a 5 year warranty now we've found out we don't have a five year warranty and the 1 year warranty has expired. We've now been told after the fact that FHA would not allow a 5 year warranty and corporate has told us we did not elect the extended coverage. We were not told about or offered any extended warranty. We were told this whole year don't worry about a thing you have a five year warranty and that was the selling factor for us or else we would have gone elsewhere. Nothing was ever mentioned about buying an extended warranty. Stay away from these people.

User's recommendation: Stay Away.

#1925502

Hi Ray, we would be happy to loop in the appropriate parties and look into the matter. Please email us at CAT@ClaytonHomes.com with your information. We look forward to speaking with you.

Springfield, Missouri
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Misleading information

Bought a home in 2019 we were told not to worry the home came with a 5 yr warranty no one said anything about buying an extended warranty. We found out this year our warranty had expired after 1 yr. I bought a home not a car 1 year warranty is absurd. We were told by corporate we did not purchase a 5 year warranty of course we didn't no one said anything about it, it was never offered because they told us it came with a 5 year warranty. They are worse than timeshare salesmen at least with timeshares you expect to be screwed.Building materials are beyond cheap.

User's recommendation: Stay away.

#1912383

Hi Ray, we would be happy to loop in the appropriate parties and look into the matter. We definitely want to make sure all of our customers are being offered the same add-ons.

#1909404

You misunderstand there was no miscommunication and I'm insulted you would try and pretend there was. We were never told of any extended warranty or even offered any warranty other that we were told upfront the home came with a 5 year warranty period.

#1909388

Hi Ray, we're sorry that you had this experience. We do offer an optional 5-year warranty, which would have to have been purchased within 30 days of home-ownership. We're sorry if there was any miscommunications.

View more comments (2)
Springfield, Missouri

Verified Reviewer

Poor quality no standard at all

Clayton Homes - Poor quality no standard at all
Poor quality no standard at all this is the second home they replaced the first time because it was so damaged 20 Cracked ceilings with spots eight buses at Wells not even mailed second home what does not install right the floor is coming up in several spots the bar is falling apart the doors wont shut

User's recommendation: Do not buy anything from Clayton Homes or affiliated with them.

ID
#2094582 Review #2094582 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Clayton Homes House Construction
Cons
  • No good customer service
Let see