MY HUSBAND AND PURCHASED OUR HOME THRU CLAYTON HOMES IN LUFKIN TX AND AT FIRST THEY ACTED LIKE THEY WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR THERE CUSTOMERS (WRONG) THEY SOLD US THE HOME AND DELIVERED IT AND DIDNT GIVE TWO CRAPS ABOUT EVERYTHING THAT WAS WRONG WITH OUR HOME THEY DIDNT WANT TO COME FIX INSIDE COSMETIC THINGS OUR CHILDRENS BATHROOM HAS YET TO B FIXED AND MY KITCHEN CABINENTS HAVE NOT BEEN FIXED DOUBLE DOORS GOING TO THE STUDY HAVE NOT BEEN FIXED AND FLOOR IN KITCHEN I GAVE UP IT WAS LIKE PULLING TEETH OUT OF A ALLIGATOR I COULDNT MAKE THEM DRIVE OUT TO FIX ANY AND THEN THEY TOLD ME IT WAS SO FAR TO DRIVE IT IS 48 MILES AND I ASKED THEM IF TO FAR TO DRIVE TO WHY DO YOU SELL THEM THAT FAR OUT I GOT NO RESPONSE EXCEPT THAT IF SOMEONE PURCHASED A HOME FROM THEM THAT WENT TO MY AREA THEY WOULD COME BY AND I REMIND EVERYONE WE PURCHASED OUR HOME IN MARCH 2010 AND THEY RIPPED US OFF ON PRICE AND FINANCING

Comments

The manager, and people who are working at the office in Lufkin are all liars, never keep their promises, not on time to fix the problems, not on time to look at any issues, made an appointment to see my location for place the mobile home, then never show up, not one time but many time, they are money hungry. NOT recommend to any one to go there to purchase the mobile home, you will be sorry!!!

I bought a mobile home there 3 months ago. Still not finished up

The requirements.

gina1966
Little Rock, Arkansas, United States #671350

Oh they come to my house just to make things even worse. My kitchen floor is about to be laid for the second time.

There quility sucks big ones... :upset

Pineland, Texas, United States #648678

Bought new Clayton home from Clayton home sales in Lufkin, Texas. Paid cash for the trailer.

At first set up, installation of air conditioner, and skirting went well. However after that the warranty work didn't come through. Outside doors stick, one deadbolt lock doesn't work, hole in linoleum wasn't fixed, and the outside shutters I paid for never arrived at the trailer to be installed. Don't trust these people at their words, get EVERYTHING in writing or on tape.

Don't be a sucker like me.

Boca Raton, Florida, United States #636919

YEARS AGO, ABOUT 35 YEARS AGO OR MORE CLAYTON HOMES WAS CONSIDERED THE CADILLAC OF MOBILE HOMES. IT'S A SHAME (IN SOME CASES) NOTHING STAYS THE SAME.

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN: I USE CAPS LOCK BECAUSE I CAN SEE WHAT I'M TYPING.

I ADMIT I'M OLD AND DON'T GET WHY PEOPLE TAKE OFFENSE TO CAPS LOCK. IF I AM YELLING THEN THEY HAVE BETTER HEARING SITTING AT HOME IN FRONT OF THEIR COMPUTER THAN MY OLDER HUSBAND WHO IS SITTING RIGHT NEXT TO ME.

to CAPS LOCK El Reno, Oklahoma, United States #770172

I see said the blind woman to her deaf husband. We just purchased a modulat mobile home from Clayton Homes in El Reno, Oklahoma.

We will be moving in in about 2 or 3 weeks. Besides the sales person who worked with us not writing down the specific customizations that we requested, such as how many cabinets to install above the washer and dryer, how many wood shelves and metal rods that we want in all of the bedroom closets (no wire shelves anywhere), and exactly how to place them, and that we don't want any of the closet doors to open into the closets, it seems so far, so good. The salesman and the manager told us to meet them at the house so we could show them again just how everything should be done. The customizations are being done on our property.

Some things were wrong, but they are getting them taken care of very quickly.

The final walkthrough with the manager, salesman and head of the crew should be in six days, then we can have all of the brand new furniture delivered, put up all of the pictures, hang all of the curtains, and put everything where it goes. I guess I'll find out how good the wiring, plumbing fittings, water heater, and central heat and air system are.

Greenville, South Carolina, United States #634735

I LEFT MY CAP LOCK ON SINCE YOUR SO WORRIED ABOUT SOMEONES SPELLING AND TYPING YOU MY FRIEND MUST BE THE BIGGEST *** IN YOUR COMMUNITY I WOULD HATE TO HAVE A NEIGHBOR LIKE YOU. YOU REALLY YOU SHOWED YOUR IGNORANCE MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE ON THIS FORUM YOU MUST BE INBRED.

Rochester, New York, United States #627638

Sorry u are going through this, I'm n the process of buying a home and checking out Clayton's Modulars homes. And that's my biggest fear...

Its a HUGE commitment and u want to get your moneys worth. Hope they get it fix soon! LOOKS LIKE U MIGHT'VE PISSED OFF A SALES PERSON BY ALL THE RUDE COMMENTS SO_SAD POSTED!

Let them spend their hard earned money on something to have nothing but problems, they may type in ALL CABS too!

to WOW Calgary, Alberta, Canada #636901

Well I'm retired now and thinking about moving to an acerage and buying a Clyton Home ,I would never have considered any other as I own part of the company, ( Warren buffet owns the most ,but he calls all us little share holders his partners) I just read the anual report sayuing how Well Clyton homes has done last year , Warren has always said the thought of loosing money is second to loosing his companys good reputation. This is very upsetting , I am certainly going to talk to someone at the top of Clayton Homes before I buy ,or I will not be buying one..

I am glad to have stumbled onto this web site . I originally googled Clayton homes with a happy heart thinking I would be getting super quality.

Now I'm saddened,by all these posts .Which I very much appreciate . If not for you folks voicing your complaints I would be one more unhappy customer.

Neil

to Neil Winter BRK stock holder Kingsland, Texas, United States #678579

Neil, I have had one of their homes for 11 years. Don't waste your money!!!! They are only glorified cardboard boxes!!

to Neil Winter BRK stock holder #816765

Neil Winter, if you are indeed a stockholder, I would sell my shares as quickly as possible. Based on my experience as a customer, Clayton Homes may have done well as a company, but sometimes you do well as a company at the expense of the people who are buying from you.

I purchased my home with a happy heart, falling for what the sales team told me " you will be happy with this home, Warren Buffet owns it and it is the largest in the country". Well, it may well be the largest in the country, I don't know, but I have been waiting seven months to move in to my home. My heart is not too happy now.

I could not, with a clean conscious, recommend Clayton Homes to anyone.

Michele2013

Yeah

Michele2013
Pineland, Texas, United States #625173

HOW WOULD U LIKE TO LIVE IN A 100,000 DOLLAR HOME THAT HASNT BEEN FIXED AND DONT RECALL YELLING AT U ESPECIALLY !!!!!!

to S0_Sad Greenville, South Carolina, United States #634736

PLEASE SO_SAD YOU ARE SO ANNOYING!!!!!!!!GROW UP IF CAPS LOCK REALLY BOTHER YOU THAT MUCH YOU NEED HELP.YOU IGNORANT YANKEE COMPLAIN COMPLAIN COMPLAIN PEOPLE LIKE YOU MAKE ME SO SICK I COULD PUKE.....

to to so-sad Charlotte, North Carolina, United States #704470

Yep...^^^^an immature salesman that knows he's selling *** and hates his job and his life....he's the one that is so sad...lol