3.3
Turnaround Time

Update by user Sep 20

They have comeback to fix some of the uneven tiles in our kitchen. They brought some of the wrong tile so could not fix it all.

Suppose to be coming back. The counters are corrected so they are not curving up anymore. The bathroom shower is not leaking anymore but there is nothing they can do with the uneven tiles in there unless they tear it completely down. So I guess we are just gonna have to live with it.

As far as I am concerned we should get all our money back for them to design our bathroom and the extra money we had to give for the tile and extra cabinets. They informed us they don't use levels or anything to make sure everything is straight. That is complete absurd if you ask me. But they are definitely trying to make us happy.

This whole process has really been a HUGE headache. So it is still not right and we have been living in it since end of June 2018.

Original review posted by user Aug 21

We closed on our house on June 25th, 2018 and got the keys that day, which we were really happy about. We had to do our walk thru right after we closed on our house. The walk thru took 2-3 hours and the man doing the walk thru with us had a bad attitude about it. He kept saying is this gonna be the room without mistakes and when we would find something, he got snippy. Maybe is was like that because Clayton did not check to make sure the air conditioning was working properly, which should be part of their check off especially since we had electricity turned on to the house!

Once moving in, we have discovered that a lot of the mistakes we were finding was because the house was filthy. I truly do now why a cleaning crew was at our house all day because it does not appear they did anything except vacuum. There was a lot of damage to the house during transport so I understand there was a lot to clean. But the amount of construction dust and drywall spray that was on cabinets, windows and screens is completely un-called for.

The cabinets are not all what we thought we would get. They are the design we wanted but they only put primer on them so there are scratches and nicks on almost all of them. They are replacing one with significant damage. We have come to realize we will have to repaint all the cabinets ourselves.

There is paint specks on almost all of our brown element flooring. This is probably the part that makes me the most mad! I have to get on my hands and knees, on our new home, to scrap paint off the flooring!

Vertical blinds did not come with a wand, they said they could order me one. Well I did not want to wait so I bought my own and discovered the vertical blinds won’t even turn closed, so we have no way to keep the AZ sun out of our kitchen.

Tile work is not the greatest either. Kitchen backsplash has many uneven tiles and grout and caulking looks horrible and many places are missing it completely and the same is going on in the master bathroom. The island top is bowed up and two edges of the counters are turning up. Once again our guy in charge of fixing things, is like can order new ones but they may come out the same…sorry this is not what we paid for!

We paid $5,000 extra for the tile bathroom and additional linen closet and I have no idea why because the grout is coming out and now the shower is leaking out the bottom of the shower.

Attaching photos and video to the problem in the master bath...should have took more!

Product or Service Mentioned: Clayton Homes House Construction.

Reason of review: Should not have to fix a new home!.

Monetary Loss: $20000.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: Customer service in the office, Deliver time was good, Design of home, Floor plans of homes on clayton sales lots, Appearence.

I didn't like: Quality of our home, How long it is taking to fix home, Price i paid for our bathroom with a leaking tile shower, Having to communicate with sales staff to get home fixed, Having to fix a brand new home.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 21.

Comments