252 views
Verified Reviewer

I regrettably bought a 2018 "trailer" off the lot this past September 2019. The 'model" home came with cracks in the ceiling.

The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. I've been waiting for at least a month to have this "special" septic tank installed. I just found out that the septic guy had been waiting for a hose bib off of the water meter, a water meter and an electric disconnect. Yet nobody at Clayton knew..,asking the septic guy would of helped...I was the one who made the call to find out what was needed.

I've been after them for close to a month now to replace a piece of skirting the the plumber put *** in. Does anybody respond???? NO. Only God knows whats living under this trailer.

Only after I get pissed off and carry on like a raving lunatic does anybody do anything. So now we're in the rainy season which means the septic guy won't dig *** for fear of the walls of the hole collapsing because of wet ground. I've just laid out another rent payment. I was told 4-6 weeks, no problem.

We're now into week 8. My other problem is with the grading. They've left a swamp in the rear of the ''trailer" that can't be used. I was billed $1500 for a French Drain for the back of the house.

They decided that they couldn't do a French Drain, but put in a swale to the tune of $1500 instead. Note to Clayton Homes. Water DOES NOT RUN UPHILL. They offer a warranty and insurance thru "another" company which happens to be in the same building as them.

I'll be contacting the county engineer or I'll hire an engineer to fight this mess. I'll also be contacting TN Consumer Affairs. I'm dealing with Clayton Homes, Alcoa TN...If there is a lawsuit, count me in.

Rainney42@***.com RUN LIKE YOUR LIFE AND SAVINGS DEPENDED ON IT.... DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE.

Product or Service Mentioned: Clayton Homes House Construction.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Clayton Homes Cons: Other customer service or quality, Cheaply built, No shelves in base cabinets very pore design.

Location: 500 Alcoa Trl, Maryville, TN 37804

Comments

So three months later (after I was supposed to move in). I’m finally in.

Took my very first shower and the water won’t go down the drain. Evidently the office people talk to the general Clayton “set up crew” and my neighbor overheard two of Claytons “set up crew” discussing what I paid for this tin can.

Real classy Clayton. So now my neighbor knows which means everybody will know.

Hi there we are in process of fighting Clayton Homes please email me your story ross_b21@***.com

Clayton Homes Reviews