Clayton Homes - This house is ***

10 of 275 Clayton Homes reviews

my mother bought this house from clayton homes of easley sc and paid in full , first she ordered it with 3/4 in plywood floors to support my dads battery operated wheel chair , well they gave her pressed board , then the day it was set up the men tracked red clay through the house , and the carpet was never replaced , when she called she was blown off or ignored , she then suddenly passed less than 8 months after moving in the home , i then had to move in to care for my father who was in the first stages of Alzheimer , and was crippled , after a year of not getting any answers from these people i went to the sales center , and was told "that house is paid for and your mama is dead, its not our problem" and it gets better , when my dad was put in a hospital bed i realized the walls in the living room were soft and gave way when you touched them, we discovered that the house was not sealed , water from rain had been running into the home between the outside walls and inside walls i then went back and said if somethings not done im going to sue, they did then have gutters put on the house well here we are still water running and now we have black mold eating the house , we all stay sick my father has now passed away but spent the last 7 years of his life sick as we all do from the black mold thats growing in the walls and floors of the home , we have replaced every thing in this home and just had to replace the water heater, when we got to it behind the wall on the closet we found that the wires from the main breaker box to it was sitting in water , the professional we hired said its a miracle it hasn't burnt down around you , i have called emailed, begged , cried , and done everything i can with these people and it all goes ignored , we have now reached a point where i have contacted my lawyer , or we all gonna die from mold poisoning, these people should not be allowed to sale homes like this to families

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Clayton Homes Mobile Home
Review category
Home Construction and Repair
review #913073 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Clayton Homes? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
10 of 275 Clayton Homes reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Stacey77

Sep 11 #1210938 Marion, Illinois, United States

Absolutely.. We r having same issues.. Mold from wTer leaks.. Suppose to have a 25 year warranty and they wont do anything about it.. I am going to get a lawyer as well..

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Clayton Homes. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Clayton Homes.
Filing a new complaint about
×