279 views
Verified Reviewer

Okay guys I have had ENOUGH!! My fiance and I lost our old home in november of last year bc of electrical issues.

We went through clayton homes on Rivers Avenue for our new house. At the beginning it was great, we were excited and everything went smoothly. After december or so we kept getting lied to. They would tell us we would be in the house by christmas and get our Hopes up, they would say the contractors would be out at the property and everything was untouched (we checked the progress everyday), they would tell us they would call us and give us updates..

they never once called without me calling them first. They would tell us your getting in your house this week and 4 weeks or more passed by and we still arent in our house. They called and told us we needed to go get stickers for the house and locks for our pool for a inspection tomorrow at 5pm in the afternoon. Needless to say the inspection was a couple days later bc they didnt call and schedule it.

Their cleaning crew came out and burned their cleaning supplies in our yard. My fiance came to check on the house one afternoon and the windows were left open and a couple times the door was left unlocked. We called each time to report it and complained.. finally we got corporate involved.

I cant even remember all the crap they did or didnt do. Fast forward to February when we finally moved in... It took them 3-4 weeks to come out and put the skirting up around the house. We of course wrote a list of things that we wanted fixed (which were small).

A couple months later we noticed what we thought was mold and water damage on the pantry floor trim. We reported it and the clayton crew came out and told us it was just the glue coming through or maybe it was water from the mop when the cleaning crew came and cleaned it back in january. They didn't think it was water damage bc there was no Mark's on the ceiling and when they took the trim off there was no noticeable damage underneath. Idk about yall but I called bs since I notice and pay attention to almost everything and it just popped up and got worse as the weeks passed.

They ordered all new trim and came out and put it on. I called and told them I thought the house was unleveled bc the doors close on their own, they said the house was leveled and put a wooden wedge in the door to keep it open. I came home one day and noticed water on the stove. It wasnt much but I was confused as of where it was coming from.

We took the stove vent panel off and noticed there was water dripping. I thought maybe it was condensation but the more it rained, the more water accumulated. I put a pot underneath it and it filled halfway. I dumped it out and called immediately.

They came out and said everything looks great. There was no way leaks could come through the vent bc its covered.. etc. They even put the water hose on the roof for a while and it didnt leak.

They then told me it must have been from a heavy rain and it was bouncing off the roof into the vent bc that's the only way it could leak. We decided to block off the vent and watch it to see if it would leak, if it didnt leak we talked about possibly putting in a new vent and that required cutting through the roof. It rained some and it didnt leak. They came back out and unblocked the vent and put in a new one at the end of october.

I could hear them through the stove vent on the roof reading a instruction manual on how to put the new vent in as they were cutting threw the roof. Well about a month agoI noticed brown dots on our ceiling right where the stove vent is. You have got to be kidding me!! As someone who is allergic to mold, I am petrified of our new house ruining.

CryCry I told clayton I did not want their guys coming back out to my house after all that we have been through. So they gave a different contractor my number and he was suppose to come out on a thursday, needless to say no one could get in contact with him. So they finally sent a different contractor out a month later and fixed the roof. It was leaking bc the glue was cracked where they didnt seal the vent enough.

When the guy came out we saw that Clayton's guys used the same shingles after they cut the roof and just glued them back on. Not only does it look bad and I'm afraid of possibly having to replace a roof...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT USE CLAYTON HOMES AS YOUR HOME SUPPLIER!

Product or Service Mentioned: Clayton Homes Mobile Home.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Clayton Homes Cons: Poor services, Not enough room to list all of them.

Location: 6581 Rivers Ave, Charleston, SC 29406

Comments

You must also NOT BUY from Mobile Home Liquidators or Meadows Homes because they are all one! They all 3 use RCB mobile home Transport!

They seriously damaged the exterior of our mobile home while in transient and LEFT US WITH IT!!! We should have hired an attorney

Clayton Homes Reviews