Topeka, Kansas

We bought a brand new 2017 Clayton big foot 2. After only 22 months of ownership my husband and I noticed that from December 2018 to January 2019 our roof is nothing but a wavy mess.

We got some snow and apparently warped all the decking on our 18×80 roof! This home was $65,000 dollars! Clayton has said they will replace. But they do not know when or who?

The inspector almost fell through the roof due to it being so spongy. This was just the iceing on the cake, when this home was delivered it was missing padding, they just carpeted over the sub floor! The doors freeze up,the threshold inside the front and back door freezes. Our electric bills are 400 plus a month to keep heat at 68 degrees!

One wall was built crooked and effects the mirror in second bathroom along with crooked counter top. Cabinets are falling apart. This is absolutely garbage!

We are trying to get out of it. I do not want a new roof for my new home, I want a home that I can confidently live in without it falling apart!

Product or Service Mentioned: Clayton Homes Mobile Home.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

This is an update on our 2017 Clayton big foot 2. It is now May and we are still waiting on a new roof and new front door along with backsplash, cabinets fixed, and bowed floor by front door.

Clayton in Bonham Tx. Are sending there crew to do roof even though I want a local contractor. They have only agreed to a 1 yr warranty on there work, which I do not feel is even worth the trouble of them doing. They are going to show up here in Kansas and get materials locally I have little to no confidence in this!

We are now going up the chain to get a hold of there Regional vice president. After over 2 yrs of dealing with this company and there incompetence I am over being bullied and lied to.

Clayton Homes Reviews